Monday 25 May 2009

A pub with a "reward card"


I hear that Lacey's Ale and Cider House in Bridge Street, Bideford, North Devon, is offering a type of reward card to drinkers of the Country Life microbrewery's real ales (which are brewed by Mr Lacey). I haven't had chance to take part yet myself, or indeed to write about Lacey's, but I understand that the card is stamped each time you buy a pint of the real ale and a certain number of stamps means a reward. This sounds like a splendid idea and should help persuade people to sample the Country Life beers (brewed at the Big Sheep tourist attraction near Bideford) which I have found to be among the best beers I have tasted anywhere; the brews were star performers at the recent Ilfracombe beer festival and are becoming firm favourites at pubs in North Devon.

No comments: